Friday, August 31, 2012

"11"

So a while back this girl gave me an award and me being me I was a little too caught up to follow her rules.

Now however I have the time.


So firstly, 11 things about myself-



1. I like cars more than motorcycles.


2. I have a temper that is silly, unreasonable and which scares me and should scare you.

3. I believe good photographs come from appreciating the subject. Whoever or whatever they might be and appreciation is instinctive and very primal. If you like what you see, you will keep what you click.

4. I like spaces. All kinds of spaces. The tangible and the intangible. The walls, ceilings and rooms. The blank sheets of paper, the studios, virtual or real. I love them for the infinite potential that they have.

5. I believe most of my photographs are bullshit. Most of my compositions suck.Music not even close to mediocre. 

6. Even though I believe number 5. I still believe I can sell them.....and sell them myself.

7.I am a very frustrated person. I can never get enough. Be it food for thought, for the body or for the soul. And this makes it keep at it until I crash. Which just makes it worse. 

8. I don't believe in God. I don't believe in religion. I don't believe in rituals. I believe it's important to believe in oneself.

9.  No matter how much I love rum. No matter how many times it has saved me in the bitter winters. Given the choice however, I'd  be more likely to pick the whiskey. 

10. I'm scared to approach other people most of the times and consider myself a very shy person.

11. I really want you to like the Facebook page  and subscribe for updates. Shortcut is on the upper right side of this page.



And now the 11 questions she has asked me with my answers to them-



1. The CRAZIEST thing that you've ever done?

A group of friends and me went to shoot a travelogue. It rained heavily and was one of the toughest trekking routes in the state, I was told later. Everything went wrong.It rained continuously and the temperature fell below ten. We put the candles to our feet so that the dripping wax would check the numbness.We starved, shivered, prayed, and the next day on the way down, I had my first near death experience. So did a friend of mine. It nearly got us thrown out of university and put considerable strain on our relationships with each other. When I look back, that was indeed crazy, but I have no regrets. It changed things.It changed the way we looked at the world.


2. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

Clicking photographs, making music, playing with colors, exploring my own consciousness and then writing about them...and of course making money work for me.

3. If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? 

I'd do it much earlier. Everything. 


4. If you could break one law, which one would that be? 


I've already broken a few, but if I could get away with it, I'd pick murder.


5. What do you do, that you think, makes you different from everyone else? 


The fact that I don't think I'm different from everyone else. I believe I'm just as good as anyone out there.


6. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really think it makes the elevator move faster?

I do sometimes. It's not about the elevator moving faster, it's about me feeling better.


7. If you were standing on stage, unaware that hundreds of people were watching you, what would you have done?


If I had an instrument I'd play, if I had someone else I'd have a conversation, if I was alone, I'd act and become characters I've always wanted to be.


8. Who do you think is the sexiest person alive? 


Rana Dasgupta the writer. If you've read his work, you'll know what I am talking about.


9. Who would you rather date. A worried genius or a joyous simpleton?


A joyous simpleton. I don't like worried people. They make me feel worse about myself. Simple people are happier people. And I wish i was much simpler than I am.


10. If you were stranded on an island, which three things would you like to have in your bag?


A satellite phone...in case it got messy.A book on feeding yourself in the wild, for obvious reasons, and a violin to keep my busy and happy. 


11. What is your first impression of me/this blog?

Well Ruhani, it seems to mirror you and going by the name I'm sure you like yourself just as much.


I'll post the eleven blogs soon.